January 31st 2020 I (Sarah Mavro) officially launched The Yeg Equestrian! At its core, TYE is an extension of my existing photography business with an equestrian focus. It has grown into something much bigger than just photography however, and even though the first year was through a freakin’ GLOBAL PANDEMIC we managed to make some pretty big strides. At a glance:
• TYE is the only comprehensive online directory resource for all things equestrian in the Edmonton area. Our interactive map has received over 5100 views.
• TYE launched an events calendar, and though COVID19 would cancel the majority of these events we were able to create an interactive resource for people to view or submit horse shows, clinics, and community based events. Over 130 events were created for 2020.
• Our Facebook group reached 850+ members, and has remained a welcoming place and resource for equestrians looking for information, or sharing their businesses in Edmonton.
• I was able to photograph many Equestrian Branding sessions in 2020, and began shining a light on this underserviced side of the equestrian industry.
• More recently, TYE launched Yeg Eq Apparel which had me taken aback with more than $2000 in preorders in the first week.
• Lastly, I have met and chatted with equestrians from all over. Making relationships with people I would have otherwise never met. I was even able to make some time to get out and ride a bit (between raising 2 young boys, running a business (or two or three..) and serving as a Board Director). So thank you everyone for a killer first year and I can’t wait to see what 2021 brings!
Ok now the giveaway/fundraiser! The giveaway will take place on Instagram, Facebook and with bonus entries through a donation to Bear Valley CanadaHelps, which is a reputable platform that allows charities to accept online donations. A donation in any amount will qualify you for a bonus 15 entries for the giveaway. There are more details on the fundraising page itself, please be sure to read them prior to entering. The page can be found here:
The Yeg Equestrian Anniversary Fundraiser + Giveaway
Thank you so much to Courtney Flisiak of Falkenberg Stables for helping me capture this fun mini pony cake smash celebration!